HybridZ

Ok, mount pics in car

Guest 305240

Guest 305240

I actually don't think I'll need to. Only time will tell. I may have to put a torque strap on the drivers side. the mounts are made up of 1/4" plate steel with a 1"x1 1/2"x3" long spacer. They are bolted with a hardened 5/16" bolt as well as welded. All the weight is setting directly on top of the stock Z mounts. Being set at the stock angle it is stronger than if it were laying flat. I may end up fabbing a saddle type mount later on, only if these don't work out the way I think they will. Please note, this is a stock 82 5.0 stang engine. I may put a low rpm cam and a 600 holley with a dual plane manifold on later on. But for now, it will be the 2 bbl carb and auto trans.

Guest 305240

Here are some dimensions. Hope I can do this right. Top plates are ¼†stock. 3â€x4â€. Bottom plate is ¼†stock. 1 ¾†wide x 5†long. Center spacer is 1†stock. 1 ½†x 3â€. I drilled a 5/16†hole through all 3 pieces and used hardened bolts with self-locking nuts. The drawing is of the driver’s side. The bottom plate is not centered. I have it set ½†from the edge of the top plate. Do just the opposite for the passengers side.

Note: I drilled 2 holes in the 240 trans frame mount to accept the stock rubber Ford mount. I used the stock Ford block mounting pad and drilled the top plate to bolt under the block pad. Then, after centering the engine, I bolted the fabbed assy to the engine. Carefully lowering the engine onto the stock 240 rubber mounts, I scribed the holes for the bottom plates. After drilling them, then bolting them in, I had approx ½†space between the cross member and front oil pan sump. Easy acess to the front oil pan drain.

This was all done after making sure the frame rails were level and the carb was level both ways. In doing it this way, I have lots of clearance for steering shaft and both exhaust pipes using the stock 81Granada/82mustang exhaust manifolds. I believe there is enough room for block huggers.

I’m using a B&M rachet shifter so the trans placement is not an issue for me. I cannot say how this would work with a 4 or 5 speed.

I know there are other mounts others have made, but this is a budget build and it’s working for me.

Sorry, I can't get the drawing to paste on this.