HybridZ

280zx tail lights on a 280z...

olie05

I've always wanted amber turn signals in my tail lights, but the eurotails are to expensive... heres my j/y option... pull the 280zx tails with amber on 'em and bolt them on! (lol) Ok what am I facing here before I make the 30 mile trip out to the junk yard? Would it be any where near bolt on? (maybe a little fiberglass to get them to look right next to the body) Has anyone test fitted these lights on their 280z's?

Oh god nooo!!!!!! 280ZX lights are cheap and plasticy looking.... please don't. Your 280Z lights look good! :)

I saw a set of amber 280Z ones on Ebay for like 100 a piece... Thats not too bad. Less than a set of "Ricetezzas" for most cars :)

maybe I should have mentioned why I want to change lights... When my engine broke down over winter break, my dad thought we didn't need a tow truck, so he'd just push me with his car. The bumpers didn't line up correctly and now my right tail light panel has a lot of cracks around the reverse light. (the reverse light is now just a bulb without a lense) I notice 280zx's are far more abundant than 280z's in the junkyard and I might as well try it... I just wanted to see if anyone had gone down this path before...

I have seen a pair of GOOD condition 280Z tail lights (both right and left) go for 15 bucks. Cheaper and easier than a 280ZX retrofit and itll look better.

Guest 305240

Go for it man, it's your car. Personally, I like the 240's better than the 280's. But, just to be different, I'm putting a set of 65-66 stang tail lights in my 240. I'm also using the 66 stang back up lights as well as the front turn signal lights in the lower valance. I'm running a 280 lower valance with my 240 bumper. I like the wide open look. I'm also looking for a set of vette rear bumperettes along with the rear vette license plate area to mold into my rear valance. Don't be afraid of what others think, it's yours. Please yourself. BTW, I'm also adding the chrome Cobra snakes on the lower fenders, followed by a chrome Z.