HybridZ

Synthetic fluid recommendations (non-Z)

CruxGNZ

I'm goin' to Canada eh... and B the trip is this Friday.

So, I decided to go on a fishing/golfing trip to Canada with my 92 year young grandpa and I need to drive my '02 Chevy S-10 Crew Cab 1,560 miles round trip. I tried searching for some information here, but there isn't a whole lot, so I figured asking couldn't hurt. I've been needing to replace the fluids on my truck for a while now and I need to do it in the next few days.

What would you guys suggest for transmission fluid? I believe it's the 4L60E. I remember Mike Kelly saying that Redline fluid in his 'Vette started to leak through the seals, so Redline is out.

Do I have to use GM gear lube for my locking (yeah right :roll:) rear differential?

Thanks in advance for any helpfull information.

EDIT:Also, on my last trip (which was a 9 hour drive), my right foot got so unbearably hot that I got a slight burn from the heat coming off the transmission tunnel. I had to take my shoe and sock off and put a towel between my foot and the tunnel. I pulled over to check it out and it was just radiant heat. Heat is not a good thing when I comes to transmission life, so I'm installing a transmission cooler. How hot do these transmission's get?

!M!

EDIT:Also' date=' on my last trip (which was a 9 hour drive), my right foot got so unbearably hot that I got a slight burn from the heat coming off the transmission tunnel. I had to take my shoe and sock off and put a towel between my foot and the tunnel. I pulled over to check it out and it was just radiant heat. Heat is not a good thing when I comes to transmission life, so I'm installing a transmission cooler. How hot do these transmission's get?

!M![/quote']

That trans cooler might be a good idea, on my moms windstar the tranny got so hot it melted some kind of module or shift point computer which caused the car not to be able to shift out of first. This happened after a 6 hour trip, but it may be a ford thing not sure. Other than that I am completely usless.

John