HybridZ

too much fuel

gexgexgexgex

i just put a 280zx turbo motor in my 1973 240 z and i put in an after amrket fuel pump, its a walbro 255lph , and i know the car is runnign so rich that is isnt even starting, should i try and give less power to the pump by sticking the fuel pump computer in and trying that, or should i try the screw thing on the afm to lean the car out, can i be giving too much fuel to the car that it will not even start

Guest bastaad525

What are you using for a return line? I was originally using the stock 240z's TINY return fuel line when I originally did my turbo swap, using the stock 280zxt fuel pump, and all seemed fine. I then upgraded to the MSD high flow pump and the car immediately started to run super crappy. Stuck a fuel pressure gauge on there the next day and found my idle fuel pressure was at around 80psi!!! So I hooked up the return hose off the fuel rail, to the hard line on the drivers side of the engine bay, that originally was the vent line from the vapor tank. I rearranged the plumbing at the rear of the car as well so that the vent line dumped into the fuel tank instead of still into the vapor tank. While not as big a line as many recommend (I think it's only 1/4", but still about twice as big as the stock return line) it allowed fuel pressure to drop back to to stock with no problems. If not that, you may be overwhelming the stock FPR, but I know there are other guys here running the Walbro on the stock FPR so that shouldn't be it.