HybridZ

Custom Driveshaft help...

Guest butlersZ

Guest butlersZ

Hey Guys,

Alright, I have an '82 camaro driveshaft that I shortened down and mated to the Z's end flange. Ok so after taking the driveline down the the driveline shop here in northern cali, the guy tells me the Z u-joint isn't replaceable :evil:

But he says there is an aftermarket flange setup that allows you to use a different u-joint but it is the entire unit(the diff flange,weld flange, and u-joint). The part is $100 and doesn't seem worth it because he doesn't know the strength of the part, he estimates it will be good for 300HP, not enough for me.

So what are some of you guys doing for drivelines???

I was thinking about using another camaro driveline, shortening it to length and using the camaro rear end u-joint but using a 1" spacer/adapter. A guy at the local machine shop said he could CNC machine the part out of some good billet aluminum for $65. Sound worth it?

Anyone have any suggestions for a driveline?

My Z is Scarab setup.

JTR sells the adapter. https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/Datsun_Order.html part # DAT-110 $49

Take that and a GM driveshaft back to your driveline shop. In four years on this site I can't remember reading of even one JTR adapter failure.

You should buy the JTR book. It explains all about your swap, including the driveshaft, in great detail.