HybridZ

Need some advise Please

Guest HITMANVEE

Guest HITMANVEE

Hello all,

This is so cool, That there is a site like this

i've been trying to do this since 1992...... NO Really since '92

my friend had a '73 240 w/ a 302 poorly mounted pretty sure they were the jeep style that just went to the frame rails

if you look up (jeep swap mounts) you will eventually find them

i think it had like 370 gears something like that w/ a 3 speed auto

he let me drive it. I fell in Love, so i've been after one of my own it ever since

O.K. so what i got here is a 351 w/ an AOD auto, '73 240 and R200 rear yoke from an '84 turbo which was an auto, which gives me 355 gears in the rear pretty good so far

:lol: "oh yeah "

need some advise on were to position the motor, Please

it will never tow anything so i guess i can put the motor pretty far back since all stock cars are built to tow something plus i'm going to put the rear stance a little higher than stock you know low in the front, high in he rear

Thanks 8)

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have the basics planned out. I'd like to take this time to let you know that just about every subject you can think of has already been asked and answered in many different ways. The search button pulls up lots of things, so you have to go thru a bunch of chit to find what you want. Spend a month or so cruzing the archives. You will be surprised at the info you will obtain. Print them out for reference. Make a book of them so to speak. One thing in doing this swap, you will always be changing things right in the middle of what you thought you wanted...lol I'm running a 5.0 in my 72. It was basically a bolt in. I fabbed op some mount plates that let me use the stock Z mounts. I'm also running the stock exhaust. However, I believe with this setup, I can run the tight tuck block headers. I also want to make up a saddle type front mount that will let me run the headers without having to cut the steering column. Although, Those that did cut it claim it's no problem. There are quite a few running the Ford in the Z cars here on this forum. They are most helpful as well as knowledgeable. Listen to them, take their advice. Remember, they've been there, done that. Good luck, and please keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HITMANVEE

I've seen your mounts, they look strong enough to not break themselves

and i can appreciate the block( casted iron )being mounted to an OEM ford or any other make like GM ect...

I hope they work out for you

please keep us all updated on your 240 "definitely"

personaly i'd go with the saddle also i think a strap would'nt stabilize the drivetrain enough

probably knock against your fire wall every time it shifts i too have come up with similar mounts but never thought of the saddle ( crossmember ) combination

of course that would mean that you would have to put a second set of rubber mounts to match your Z mounts

kinda complicated to do

you could try the mid '90's thunderbird 5.0 mounts there are the biscuit type they also have a liquid filled identical to the rubber biscuit style

pretty cool huh

i appreciate the reply you gave

i thank you and good luck

i hope you will reply again soon and

i'll try to reply a bit faster next time