HybridZ

Scarab conversion=Hooker kit?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if the scarab conversion is the same as the hooker header kit. I used the hooker kit when I first did my car 12 years ago.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks. I went with that kit at the time because of availability. The headers were and still are a pain in the ass. When I replaced the frame rails and floor I tucked the floor up higher along the trans tunnel to put the exhaust "off the ground". So far it has worked out good.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I have had the car since '84. I popped the head gasket on the L6 twice (.030 block, nissan motorsport cam, ported & polished head, su's then holley 4bbl) The second time the gasket went I decided to swap in a 307 I had around. The car ran 14.0 @123mph (no traction r180). After I found two cracks in the front frame rails by the crossmember I pulled it ALL apart.

The car is framed out with 2x3 tubing with 8pt cage. 355 chevy 11.5 comp, performer rpm int & carb, p&p small chamber heads, 10" converter TH350, r200 3.54, in primer waiting for me to get off my ass!!!