HybridZ

Anyone done a writeup on installing a BOV?

CasperIV

I have a friend with a GSX who is going to be installing, or trying to install, a new blow off valve on his car. Are there any good walk throughs I could print off for him? There is no way I am going to help him, because his turbo is about to go out, and if I install the BOV and the turbo goes out, he'll blame me :)

Guest importwerks.com

As long as you bought a blow off valve that was specifically made for that car and not a universal one all you do is take out the old one and put in the new. Anyways heres a write up on a greddy type-s

http://herpetology.com/dsm/bov.html

i got that off of vfaq.com

Incase you dont know about vfaq its probably one of the best modification instructional site on the web dedicated to a single car. It has instructions on everything including intake, exhaust, turbo, porting, engine, fuel, drivetrain, brakes, suspension, shifter, electrical, etc. Makes me wish i had my dsm still :cry:

This guys a bit dim... I hooked him up with a couple people I knew from twinturbo.net and he still said he didn't get it. He bought the BOV, but doesn't want to install it because he says it might hurt his car..... so he brought it to me, but I'm not going to touch the thing. When he took me for a ride in it the turbo failed to spool when passing a car, and the oil pressure was dropping.... that things gonna blow, and I'm not going to do a thing to it.