HybridZ

NEW centerforce 1 clutch slipping-What would you do>?

Guest mescalinedreamz

Guest mescalinedreamz

well my new centerforce1 is slipping, i have high revs but no power to the ground really. So im looking into just buying a plate if need be.

gettin on the gas in first and second i have high rpms but no power to the wheels really, not enough to break the tires loose. Which is very odd for this car! It just started happening yesterday after i really gone on the gas for a buddy of mine. :oops: So i dont have a whole lot of cash and need to do something about all this. I just bought the car and the hi-po engine has only about 700 miles were guessing. Any chance that driving the car normally might fix things? like take the glaze off if thats what happened? Also i did notice the bottom of the tranny is greasy where the plate sandwhiched between the tranny and engine is. Might be possible that grease got on it.

I found an act 6 puk for 100.00 but its just for the disk itself. pressure plate cost 259.00!

Im wondering if the act disk will fit into the centerforce pressure plate.

If not, i know the options of a 2+2 clutch and flywheel option, but i have no access to a junkyard with a 2+2 flywheel. Or a turbo.

I could shell out 200 bucks for a centerforce 2 clutch kit for a maxima 2.4L Engine - from 8/76 to 6/84

since the clutch kits are the same for the coupe. but i really dont want to spend that much.

So what would you do if you didnt have a whole lot of cash and need a perf. clutch in your Z. Im running 10:1 with a bunch of mods I have too much power for a stock clutch. What would you do?

What was your break-in procedure for the clutch?

I've seen some pretty hot L-series engines that survived surprisingly well on a stock replacement clutch, even when abused at the track with a LSD and R-compound tires.

Anyway, if you have a oil leak, that would certainly kill your clutch very quickly. If it is just slipping, there is a chance that it will start grabbing again after some normal driving, but you don't know when it will give out again.

Guest mescalinedreamz

well, the guy that i bought the car from said the engine is pretty much broken in.

So i dogged on it while tuning the haltech. Didnt really think about the clutch going bad so early