HybridZ

Whooo Hoo!

I got it running today!! Well kinda.... The fan didn't go on and I couldn't shut the engine off (think I wired the MSD wrong), the remote oil adapter is leaking, the front end REALLY needs aligned, and something scrapes too easily underneath....

But Damn it sounds good!!! I drove it a little, but it is so squirrelly I didn't really want to go to fast.

But It's together and it runs!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest 305240

AHHH, the first ride....You just can't beat that feeling. All the other stuff that pops up is just small chit compared to the rush you get. Good job!

Guest 77vegasz

Congradulations! I remember my first drive. I was so scared that something was going to go horribly wrong at any moment, but at the same time excited that it was all coming together.

The little stuff will go quick nowthat the heavy hauling is done. You will be on the road before you know it.

Jon

Well, got the fan working (I didn't hook up the ground!), hooked up the MSD right so the car shuts off now, and removed the remote filter assembly. Really amazingly fast and I haven't even gotten into setting up the carb or anything, it runs really well though so it will only get better!

Now I need to finish enclosing the fuel cell and battery in the back, insulate the back and put the interior back together! Oh and I think I blew a rear brake line!

Awesome! Congrats!

I loved the first drive in my conversion... it's an experience you'll never ever have again unless you build another freak creation.

the whole... "This is awesome! I hope nothing explodes! " ... lol, what a rush. Adrenaline and anxiety clashing and having an all out war in your body while you're trying to drive... :twisted: sweet, sweet success! :D

- Now get the rest fixed up!

-Vann

I heard it's the second best feeling in the world... I don't even have a Z yet, but I am consistently surprised by the teestimonials. There is something to be said about anticipation... But like the night before Christmas if you get yourself too revved up, you may be in for a dissapointment, however, in this case I am not seeing many dissapointments, that is unless someone is using a bad carb, or a poorly setup computer.

Well I do have to say that after talking here on the board about the 377 with everyone, I think I would have gone with a stroked 400, vs destroked. The gains associated with de-stroking do not sound like they would really be noticable and with a stroker you end up with more HP overall. So I think if I were doing it over it would be stroked (I'm not quite sure what disp. you end up with!). Although I do like that I have an unusual engine!

As far as progress... I have to figure out how not to burn up the solenoid on my starter... it's within about 1/8th inch of my exhaust pipe... and I need to get a vaccum gauge to setup the carb right. Then it should be a lot more fun!

I also need to troubleshoot my headlight system... it's not working right.