HybridZ

Track tests of new Mustang in latest Motor Trend

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

0-60 in 5.1 seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.6 @ 99mph (that doesn't seem right..) 260+ hp and 280+ ftlbs of torque to the rear wheels on an unspecified make dyno (seems to be making more power than it's rated 300 net flywheel hp though... that's only about 10% drivetrain losses otherwise). 3500 friggin lbs.... :shock: and to hear them rave about the handling you'd almost never suspect it has a solid rear axle.

~$26,000 .... isn't that about the same price as that newfangled Mazdaspeed turbo'ed Miata? Cheaper than all but the lowest models of 350Z that's for sure... Now where's the new Camaro????

I sat in one of the 2005 Mustangs at the Texas state fair, and was struck by several things:

1) It's smaller than the photos suggest. Maybe it's the fact that the lines are similar to the 1972 fastback, but I expected it to be much bigger. Looks good on the outside.

2) The interior looks cheap in real life. Lots of painted plastic masquerading as metal, and the auxillary gauges between the speedo and tack are awfully darned small. They did the gauges in retro numbers that look cool! Just like in my friend's '66.

3) Still a 5-speed? They must be joking! Heck, Tiburons come with a 6-speed, for the love of Pete.

Just a few thoughts, having very little to do with the thread.