HybridZ

Hello?

ratedZ

Wow it's been a while :oops: how has everyone been? I've been out of the z car boards for some time now and my Z has been collecting dust. Just got the bug again and really want to get my car back into shape...I tried getting some help with a mechanical issue I'm currently having at zcar.com and zdriver but haven't gotten real sure answer to what I need to do to fix the problem...so I'm here ready to soak up your knowleadge like a sea sponge lol :D

message from zcar.com

cut and paste:

....I got under the Z for the first time in almost a year. She's been collecting dust and cob webbs...and I've been pretty much AWOL from the Z community also. Part of that is because the problems I've been having with her shortly after the engine re-build. Well, I sat in my car and I got that feeling again...kind of like my Z is telling me to fix me! lol...I guess that sounds corny but putting my hands on the steering wheel brought back a lot of memories. Now I've got the energy and drive to work on my baby again and my first step was to follow your advice and replace the fuel pump for the problem I was having with her. I got a great deal on a Vortex T-rex fuel pump and bolted it right in. Everything started up just fine after I checked the fluids but the stumbling problem is still there. Once warmed up, I can gas the car in neutral to build some boost but it would burp and gurgle as if the car is starving for fuel while it struggled to build some RPM's. While the car is moving under load I can get about 3psi before there's a major loss in power which would normally force me to let off. Also the air/fuel meter is reading to the faaar left (lean) at speed while boosting and while revving the motor at idle. So so far, I've replaced the fuel filter and replaced the fuel pump. What's the next thing that I should check? I've been told a lot of things like the fuel injectors are clogged to the O2 censor is bad or that the Air Flow Meter is the problem...I honestly do not know where to start next. I'm guessing the fuel injectors but hoping to get some educated advice from you guys. I'm so feening for that power again and just want to do what ever it takes to get her back on the road.

--------------------------------------

thanks guys! and it feels good to be back in the groove of things....

Check your fuel tank and fuel pickup! This happened when I left my ZX sitting for a while. The fuel pickup tube was clogged, and when I would drive the car, it would not go over 3K and die when I floored it. It was OK after I cleaned out the fuel pickup real good and replaced the fuel pump. You can still get a new factory fuel pickup/sender unit from Nissan.