HybridZ

Flares in Oz?

Guest 440Z_(Leyland)

Guest 440Z_(Leyland)

G'day (yes I'm an Aussie)

Need some help with getting something to go over 16"x10" wheels. The car has currently got some very ugly and barely functional flares already, but something that strikes a sweeter chord on the optic nerve and also lets the suspension move full range without fouling would be great.

Is there anyone from Australia or NZ who know about/has done this sort of thing? I'm particularly taken by the IMSA kits, and BlueovalZ had done some awesome work.

I have these flares too and am able to fit 12 inch wheels with coilovers and 5 inch backspacing. In Australia, the prettiest flares I have seen are done by Nixcars over on Classic Z. Here is a link to the rears, he has not done the fronts yet and just has a bubble flare for reference. Perhaps he will do a mold and make you some! http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5357&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

I have also been thinking about some flares. There dosent seem to be an easy/cheap option out here in OZ :evil: .

Nixcars are in wollongong NSW. Im not sure that he makes the flares. PM me if you want some contact details he's a bit of a regular at the the Sydney Zcar club as well.

Actually just had a chat with Nixcars - those flares are a custom job. Told me he put a lot of hours into each of those to make it a great job and didnt really have a price for the work. Not for the $$$ fainthearted but would be sensational to have. :D