HybridZ

Different Door Strikers....Help!

Guest 240Zdragon72

Guest 240Zdragon72

The begining of the week me and my family went to St. Petersburg Florida to pick up my new doors I had won off e-bay. I got home yesterday to findout that the strikers on my Z are the round kind and the ones on the new doors are the slotted kind. Is there a way I can take the slotted striker off that year of car the doors came from and apply it to my '72 240Z? Another option I had was to fabricate a striker for those doors because I am going to shave the handles off anyway and use poppers. Need help and some other options. Thanks

Here's my story, I scored a new set of 240z doors for my 280 (not knowing that the male/female door catches were reversed). I proceeded to remove all the rust, prime and coat the inside with truck bedliner, install sound deadener, shaved the door handles and installed the poppers to open them. When I installed them on the car I suspect my neighbors 3 doors down could hear the profanities. Not wanting to start from scratch on the old doors, I cut and migged the old panels to the new doors. I was able to get it to work, the gap was bigger than I would have liked. It turned into a lot of work.

My advise would be to get the right doors and save the hassle I went through. Good luck