HybridZ

Multi bulb headlight?????

HB280ZT

Hi All,

Well I was just wondering if anyone has tried some of the new headlight replacements that use an H4 and a H3 bulb in a single 7 inch round light?? I came across them while I was searching on ebay.

I was thinking about using the smaller H3 as a daytime running light and the H4 for night driving. What do you all think? I can wire them in without any problems it is just that I would like to hear if someone else has already done this mod. If you have what brand light housing did you use? Thanks

HB280ZT 8)

Guest jjohart

I bought a pair of those lights, and my mechanic took two hours determining if there was any way, short of chiseling and fabricating proper new housing/trim rings etc, to put this lamp in (he even took off the left fender, and determined that clearance issues were significant, and even worse on the right side underhood bay, with all the ancillaries that would have to be removed, moved to new points, etc). Apparently it is from a S. American VW sedan, and it IS NOT, no matter what the seller on Ebay wants you to believe, the same size as US/EUR 7" round lamps in its circumference, depth and width...it is WAAAAYYY larger.

I did see someone elsewhere on this list who claimed to have gotten them in...I for one, could not envision carrying out Home Body Work 101 on a scale of this magnitude, and wouldn't dream of paying around a grand for someone else to do it.

He did eventually give a refund, and they would theoretically seem to be a good set up, but KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GETTING INTO...it would be easier to put a set of Porsche 911 assemblies with xenon!

Cheers,

John

Guest Phil1934

Motorcycle head lights use the dual bulbs. I've been trying to talk myself into a pair of Harley V Rod headlights for a year to fit into Dietz buckets on a street rod. They are 1/2" taller and narrower, but lay back at an angle that would match my grille. I just can't bring myself to spend $350 to replace two $5 sealed beams. Also these mount with screws from behind so would need a lip glued on to simulate the one on a sealed beam.