HybridZ

question about 240z clutch stopper FIXED

Guest mescalinedreamz

Guest mescalinedreamz

you have to cut the 240z clutch pedal floor stopper off if you have 280z parts.

i just installed an exedy stage 1 clutch 240mm, and a 2+2 flywheel and 2+2 collar into a 280z tranny installed in a 240z.

I can shift in all gears without the car started, when i start the car im lucky to find first 2nd and third plus 4th. Reverse just grinds.

After much scratching the noggin i found that the 280z floor pan has a clutch pedal stopper on thefloor, not the adjustable one.

The 240z one has one too, Big difference in size though! @40z is about 2 inches or more, 280z is about a 1/4 inch off the floor.

I installed the fork and slave plus master cylinder from that 280z into my 240z with a 280z tranny.

So should i cut this stopper off? So my pedal can go further to the floor, cause it doesnt look like the slave cyl. is pushing the fork far enough cause its all stopped by this stoppper on the floor pan. Thanks

Guest mescalinedreamz

update, i measure the stopper on the 240z and its 1 1/2 inches, i measure the 280z and its 1/4 inches. So im losing 1 1/4 inches of pedal. Is that why im having the problems?

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

The clutch should be disengaged before the pedal is on the floor. You may need to adjust the pushrod that goes into the clutch master cylinder... or bleed the lines.

Guest mescalinedreamz

i fixed it, i guess when you put 280z parts like fork,slave and master cylinder, you need to cut the pedal stopper off the floor. It limited my pedal travel. When i cut it off the clutch now disengages.