HybridZ

V8 or GTO kit HybridZ members in south FL?

I'm thinking of moving my business to south Florida. Lynn (my better half and pal for almost 25 years) and I are flying to Ft. Lauderdale the second week of March to do a little house hunting - not in Ft. Lauderdale per se, but west of it via Alligator Alley on the Gulf coast side in the Ft. Meyers/Cape Coral area. Are there any HybridZ members in that part of the country?

Guest Anonymous

Jbeech, I live in Sarasota. Just about an hour in a slow car north of Ft Myers. I am starting a 87 300zx conversion to 350/700r4 shortly. About 25 years ago(Oh my god, has it been that long!) I built a 71 datsun pickup with a 289/c4. I went though 2 datsun rear ends w/4.88 gears and went to a ford rear w/3.08 gears. I went 140 mph with it(checked by a friendly FHP radar gun. Changed to 4.11. I went through 4 engines finally a 302 with 12 1/2 to 1 pistons, 69 351 windsor heads combustion chambers polished like chrome,intake straightened,exhaust opened and straightened and polished. Manley SS valves, triple springs, alum rockers, a Sig erson Hi Flow 1-H cam 276 duration .500 lift (I forget the cl)put in 4 advanced. Would rev to 7000 plus and pulling hard every inch from start to red line. 4.11 zoom gears, full manual valve body, B n M ratchet shifter,715 holley center squirter(butterflies pivot to center all at once)Holley street dominator manifold ported to match heads and lots of other tricks. Nitrous, extra AV gas tank, Blaupunct stereo and amp, fog lights, tint, etc. I made it a removeable hardtop/convertable, lowered it all around slightly,and flared the fenders and made an airdam for the front. Finished it off with Ditzler Delthane Porsche Flame Red w/ hardener. Cougar seats,custom everything else. I did all the work myself ( had a shop)Used to be a mechanic till I wised up. Sold it years ago. I dont think I will do the same to my 300 ZX. Its cherry now, and have been trying to get a good running engine, trans,and driveshaft,with all the accs, then the work starts. A friend has a shop with all the goodies, they circle track race and drag race. Anyway I will let everyone here know how its going by way of pictures. Steve.

Guest LT-1 350Z

i live in miami we have 5 hybrid z that i know wwith non nissan engines and like 20 turbos and non turbo z.in a nonorganized group.last friday a club from west palm came down to the towers shop a big hang out in broward.the told me it was good . i couldn't make it cause i blow 2 on my 700r4.we have a tube 280z sbc with high 8 sec potencial,suspencion problems is keeping from full pass at the track. a 455 super duty pontiac powered 240z,grand nat powered 240z,gm crate motor 5sp 240z almost done. my 75 280z with 93 corvette lt-1 running 11 with 150 nos. and two more z with lt-1's in early stage one 280 and a 260 with 6 sp. keep me posted if you make it to south florida the sunshine state where always rain when i go the track.

Medina,

Plans have changed a bit. Instead of going to Ft. Meyers area the seecond week of March, I'm going instead with the family to Panama - I'm gonna do a bit of diving, visiting friends, etc.

I have to go to Seoul later in March, so I'm planning to go down to South Florida mid-June for a week or so (to scout out a place to move to, I like the thought of the Ft. Meyers area). Anyway, yes, I would like to hook up and hope to meet you and your pals! Where is the Towers Shop in Broward? What's the address? I look forward to seeing your cars.

By the way, there's a big-time swap meet and car show at Lowes Motor Speedway outside of Charlotte, NC the first weekend of April . . . anybody going?

Finally, I committed a big no-no (for a forum) in that I posed the same basic South Florida question in two places, here and in Body Kit/Kit Cars - sorry! I'm keeping up in both, but it can be confusing.

I actually am a sophmore at UCF, but I am from Ft. Lauderdale, more specifically in Plantation in the western part of Broward. It is a great town, although my family is planning on moving to the West Palm area shortly. The early Z following around here is pretty weak. My dad has a '70, and thats about the only 240Z I've seen around here. I go to the Tower Shops whenever I'm down and have only seen one other early Z there ever. Very few 300ZX's as well, but they seem to have a pretty decent following around here. The tower shops are about 15 minutes from my house. If you need any info about the area let me know, I will help you out. :D