HybridZ

turbo swap

Guest zspeed260

Guest zspeed260

i am planning on a turbo swap and my question is: How much of an l28 turbo motor do i really need? Im wanting anywhere from 350-400hp to the wheels....should i buy the WHOLE motor? or just the block? or what should i do...i dont want to buy everything if im not going to need it all..

Im extremely new to all this...im only 20, but am VERY interested in getting to know how to do all this...the motor will definately be worked over before it is swapped...it wont be just a straight swap....

so PLEASE any help would be greatly appreciated...

also, what would that power do for 1320 times? given i have good traction..

Thanks....

David

David,welcome abord.I think the best way to answer all your questions is to do a search, there is tonns of info on this side and many question which you asked already were answered,also look at sticky, at top of the forum.If you don't find info here, do search on http://www.zcar.com. Trust me,you can read for days.

Good luck with your project,

David

• 3 weeks later...

To obtain those HP numbers reliably you would definatly have to beef up the bottom end with better pistons and rods. You will also need several upgrades...

bigger turbocharger

3" mandrel bend exhaust

high volume fuel pump (Walboro 255lph is always a favorite)

intercooler

blow off valve would be recommended with that kind of HP too

injectors (I would suggest 480cc, 420cc minimum)

some sort of fuel/spark management computer (many are available, SDS, megasquirt, ect. (I think the best bang for the buck is the 300zx maf/ecu swap with a re-chip)

With between 350-400rwph you should be able to pull 11's