HybridZ

Primer questions and Clarifications

240jz

After reading Racer X 's posts on rust repair I I purchased a Gallon on DPLF primer to repaint my car when I take it down to bare metal. It sounds like it has the best adhesion of the possible alternatives. When I was talking to some guys at my shop at school they said that they used the product and had some issues with it.

1) Dosen't sand out easily, clogs paper, ect.

2) Sprays on with a large amount of orange peal.

Are these legitimate colmplaints about the product? Should I use the product only on the direct to metal application and then spray on a diffrent more easily sanded product like ppg Kondar? If so should I excange the Gallon of DPLF for a quart and pick up a Gallon of the Kondar?

Thanks,

Matt

I dont know if im experienced enough with body work to comment. BUT, i have never used anything but krylon flat black industrial primer, i have doneall my own body work(with hammers and anvils mid you i HATE bondo) and i have also done all my friends ricers. I consider myself good but not an expert. I have apways had professional and long lasting results with rattle can krylon. And i am currently doing my z flat black with krylon industrial.

i dunno if this will help you. but this is just my experience.