HybridZ

help ident a spoiler

bpatrol

bpatrol,

I bought my three piece spoiler from Arizona Z car ( They recently started selling fiberglass again). Bob Sharp racing in the mid 1970's had the spoiler on it's IMSA prepared 240z, and back then Datsun competition may have sold the spoilers retail and/or wholesale to performance distributors. A new spoiler is worth $200 -250.00, used with minor fiberglass work needed $100 - $180. Take a look at my album "Dudeboy " I installed my three piece spoiler in the summer. These spoilers and competition hood scoops are rare finds from the original molds.

Glenn A. INLINER FOR NOW BOWTIE COMING SOON !!!!

If you do install spoiler use e-6000 epoxy to attach spoiler and then fiberglass and mold in. Also, prep the rear hatch and fender areas with a rust proofer (por-15) and coats of primer sealer. I have seen rear hatches after these spoilers were removed and the lack of prep and sealer was not a pretty sight. :shock:

Mine was somewhat light, so I injected body foam inside the main cavity to give a solid fill. There are no stamps or marks to identify the mold maker or brand on the Arizona Z spoiler. The center section and end pieces did not have screws molded into cavity. Does yours have screws molded in?