HybridZ

getting every bit of performance at stock boost

260ZRED

well, I should have the 82 L28ET out in a couple days or so and I'm wondering what are some common ways of increasing power WITHOUT raising the boost.

I don't want to raise boost, just want to keep it stock for a while unitll I get a wideband O2 meter, Ultra Megasquirt (when????), and a higher flow fuel pump then the stock turbo one. Along with a sump for the gas tank..

Here's what Im thinking now.

1.go through every electrical connector and clean it.

2.take off the intake manifold, adopt a 240sx TB, and portmatch the entry.

3.NGK wires and plugs (duh, but is Iridium worth the extra price??)

4.cap and rotor

I'm out of ideas.. Looking for cheap, not hard to do stuff. Engine will be out of the car for a while so it'll be easier to work on it then once in my 260z. Engine ran ok, and I started pulling it today. Found a "remanufactured" washer on the turbo housing =)

Did I miss anything with my short list?

thanks for any tips on this.

The things you suggest doing might help the car to run better but I don't think you will find any noticable difference in performance. One of the most important things you can do to increase performance on a turbo engine is to upgrade the exhaust system (which isn't exactly super cheap) Not to mention that putting a nice free flowing exhaust system will increase your boost slightly anyway. I went from the stock 7psi to 9psi with a 3" mandrel exhaust and with no intercooler I did get some detonation but the z31 ecu swap cleared that right up.