HybridZ

drivetrain wicked noises NEED HELP 70 z

Guest ZyaL8er

Guest ZyaL8er

Hey People, I just got finished puting in my new F54 turbo block w/1979 distributer w/ N42 head w/1975 F.I. W/ 5speed in my Mustard 70 z... Here's the problem in 1st & 2nd gear no noise ,when shifting to 3rd the shifter vibrates radically & rear end gets loud , shifting to 4th is little quiter shift to 5th is ok at 70mph, above 70mph, rear is screaming sumtin fierce it's like i can hear every moving part at one time & is very mind boggling & makes me cringe so i stay at 70mph to drive the car...I've got a fricken 0 to 70 in 7 seconds Zcar ....I built the motor to do 160 plus if anybody has knowledge on this problem to correct it I'm all ears

put in a different trans.best trans ratios are in a 82/83 na trans.the trans leaks at speedo gear and then a countershaft bearing goes out.i have a 77.it had oem 5 speed but the ratios sucked at sears point .it had a big gap between 2nd & 3rd. and 5th wasnt a big jump from 4th.the 82/83 na trans has close 1,2,3,4 and a better 5th for high speed cruise.usually the trans can be repaired cheaply if you get a trans guy that can pinpoint the problem while carefully disassembling trans.nissan dealer still sells parts at a reasonble price.

Guest ZyaL8er
put in a different trans.best trans ratios are in a 82/83 na trans.the trans leaks at speedo gear and then a countershaft bearing goes out.i have a 77.it had oem 5 speed but the ratios sucked at sears point .it had a big gap between 2nd & 3rd. and 5th wasnt a big jump from 4th.the 82/83 na trans has close 1,2,3,4 and a better 5th for high speed cruise.usually the trans can be repaired cheaply if you get a trans guy that can pinpoint the problem while carefully disassembling trans.nissan dealer still sells parts at a reasonble price.
Hey Randy 77, so your saying that my screaming differential is caused by my trans gear ratio's mmmm... well i was comparing the 82/83 na trans gear ratio's to my 77 ratio's there are some major differrences. I have a 1980 280zx whole car i picked up, i looked at the trans ratio's & they are exactly the same as the 82/83 factory 5speed so back to the garage i must go. my girlfriend is gonna say i'm just making stuff up so i can go play with my car again in the garage fun fun fun .....thankx Randy 77 zt /.....Z...............ya...............L8er...>>>.......>>