HybridZ

where does this go???

260ZRED

the wires coming from the ignition coil and capacitator, the ones that go BACK throught the firewall in the same harness with the boost sensor wires... can anyone tell me how they are wired?? Is there a wiring schematic for a 1982 turbo anywhere online?

I'm lost... too many wires.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I assume you are talking about the 2 pronged plug that is on the coil trigger? Going simply on memory one wire goes to the ignition trigger wire on the injection harness, and the other wire goes to the "ignition" wire on the ignition switch. I wouldn't worry about the boost sensor wires as they are only for the factory boost gauge in the donor car. To get the tach working all you have to do is find the original wire that went to the (-) side of the z coil (I believe it is blue) and hook that up to the (-) of the new zx-t coil. Not the coil trigger, but the coil itself.

Sorry if that sounds like a bunch of crap, it would be far easier to show you.

I got a good wiring diagram and it has made a world of difference!! You are right about most if not all of those.. and I guess it aint as hard as I wanted to try and make it be!

One other question.. can you tell me what I am missing? I have figured out, and labeled, the acc. relay (do I need that?), the fuel pump relay, ignition relay, and the efi relay that was inside the engine compartment.

The only wires I'll have to trace and figure out are the LR, Y, G, B, right next to where all the fuses are in the engine comp.

Am I missing any relay's needed to make engine run??????? thanks all you turbo ppl who've done this before...

The only relays you NEED to make the engine run are the EFI and fuel pump relay. I don't have the info of wire colors and such in front of me but I'll tell you what wires you NEED to hook up from the injection harness (note that there are several useless ones)

fuel pump relay signal (fuel pump relay to ecu)

start signal (start wire at ignition switch to ecu)

ignition trigger (coil trigger - to ecu)

air switch (+ign source to air switch mounted on manifold)

two fusible link wires (one brown and one green wire I believe)

Also needed is a ignition source to the coil.

(ign wire at ignition switch to +coil trigger)

Of course the fuel pump relay signal is just to trigger the relay, the rest of the relay has to be wired up from scratch and hooked up to the fuel pump.

The two wires that are connected to the + ignition source and the main feed for the fuel pump would be wisely protected by connecting some sort of fuse or fuses.