HybridZ

How much can a stock 280ZXT clutch take?

pjo046

Ok, so now I have gotten a driveline for my project as well. (For those of you who don't know, I am putting a 280ZXT engine in a 1970 240Z, and upgrading the turbo, engine management etc and hoping for 400hp)

Have gotten a complete 280ZXT driveline, in good condition. I have also bought the 2880ZXT C/V flange adapters from modern motorsport so that I can use the C/V halfshafts on the 240Z.

Now, if I convince the seller to throw in the clutch as well, is this thing any good? How much power can this clutch take if I don't drag race?

And also, I can buy a viscous LSD from a S14 200SX R200(Not the whole differential, just the internal part if you understand). Does anybody know if this will fit right in in the R200 from the 280ZXT? Or do I need other inner halfshafts etc?

Guest bastaad525

I'm using the OEM style Daikin disc and pressure plate, putting 303 ftlbs of torque to the wheels, and drive like a nut every chance I get, including plenty of burning slip clutch launches, hard shifts and lots of high revving, and it has not slipped on me yet.