HybridZ

msa aero II kit, shipping was a little slow LOL

waynekarnes

Steve Sampson came through !!!!!

Thank YOU Steve !

a while back one of the members put a slightly used msa aero II kit up for sale here ... i missed out on it ... money is always tight ... can't afford a new one.

Steve bought it. a bit of bad luck ... his z broke ... had to sell the kit ... original seller put me in contact with Steve. Steve's in arizona, i'm in ca.

$360 and shipping, as i remember ...

more bad luck for Steve, lost his job, his place to live, rotten luck followed him. no money to ship the stuff ... promised he wouldn't forget me, he'd get em to me when he could ...

i made mention, here in the body section, a month or so ago, as no response to messages on his Lady's machine or email ... that he didn't rip me off, i understand hard times. if any one saw him, please ask him to contact me ... no hard feelings ... if you still have the parts, let's work something out ... i refuse to kick an honest man when he's down, especially when he's trying hard to get back up.

it's going on two years ... last time i heard from him was 8 mo. ago ( email from his Lady ). no contact since then. i had written it off and hoped that life was treating him better.

UPS dropped the kit off today !!!!

Steve Sampson and his Lady are people of honor and i want every one on this list to know it !!!

Thanks, Steve !!!! and thank your Lady !

wayne

• 3 weeks later...

the kit is here !!! inspite of tons of rotten luck, he kept his word, a lesser man would have said it's been since forever that he got paid, we're 800 miles apart, screw it.

i had his number, turned out to be old roommate's. he told me what was going on, gave me another number, that lead to email addresses , ect.

as i tried to find him, his friends ALL stood up for him.

got the same story from all of em ... Steve's down on his luck, he's a great guy, he would never rip anyone off. not a one told me what had happened, but they were all sure he'd get the kit to me when he could.

i kept trying to contact him as did the hybridz member contact that put me in touch with Steve.

after a while, i figured, with that many friends sticking up for him, his bad luck was worse than my not getting the parts. again for me, the roughly 400 bucks i sent him, is quite a bit of money, but no sense wishing evil on someone, when things apparently went spiraling out of his control.

off an on, i tried contacting him.

as i said, parts arrived, wrapped in heavy saran wrap packing material ...

i haven't unwrapped em, i am taking his word that they are in the shape he said they were ( i came across a hybridz member in texas, sold me a brand new kit. his wife suggested he sell his project/parts and buy a running car ).

anyway ... again ...

i have no idea what he was going through, what was in his head, why he broke contact ( embarrassment ??? ).

it may have taken longer than either of us intended, and inspite of what ever hardship he may have been facing, he managed to keep his word, to someone who was basically a single business transaction and a stranger to him.

granted, we all expect honesty in any transaction. i'm just giving koo doos to a man who's kept his integrity, while life was beating him down.

in my book, Steve Sampson's a straight shooter ...

sorry this message is so long ... i think a man's word, a verbal handshake, means something and should be applauded when he goes out of his way to keep it.

wayne