HybridZ

What problems will i run into?

I did a search for "problems hybrid" and didnt find anything pertaining to this.

So, Im prettu serious about doing this, and about to buy a rollin chassis, but i got to thinking about how cramped it is.

What are some common problems that v8z's have?

Is it hard to change plugs, oil filter, and so on.

How bout exhaust, i was lookin under a 280, and theres hardly any room.

there is ton of room in there ... most everything is easily accessable ... much more so than any modern late model car ...

you'd think, by looking at the L28 in there, how things hang off of it, that there isn't much room ...

the V8 fits in there, like the factory had originally intended it to be in there ...

if you haven't already been there ...

visit this site ...

they will bend over backwards to help you ..

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Datsun_Z_V-8.html

normally, you would of had a ton of replies here, the holidays ... people out of town ...

post here again ...

lots of good people here ...

know a whole lot more than i do ...

Ahh, i thought it was taking a little longer than normal.

I do know i only have 20 posts' but i only joined a few days ago, i do come here ALL the time, i just found a black on black z that i think im about to buy, and i found a guy 1 hour from me thats GIVING AWAY a car with "good condition" black interior, so i can swap over the good interior to fix the one im paying for.

Anyone, thanks for the link man.

A full duel exhaust is a little bit of a challenge. It's finding room for that second muffler. A lot of guys cut a section out of the spare tire well to make a space for it.

Plugs are no problem. Easier to get to then a lot of cars that came with V8's.

I ran an oil filter relocater kit just to make fitting the exhaust easier. Changing the oil is easier now too. It's not manditory, just don't do what strotter did. When you pipe the exhaust (or have a shop do it) just be sure you make room to get the filter off.

Do you have the JTR book yet?

Using the JTR method there is a lot of room so it's very easy to service

236622_2_full.jpg

And, if you take your time and do it right it will look like the factory engineered it that way

236622_4_full.jpg

I use two 31" long stainless steel glass packs running alongside the driveshaft and two resonators out the back.

236622_7_full.jpg