HybridZ

L28ET coil hookup

260ZRED

Am I correct in thinking the BW of coil wire basicly is the power source for the coil? The way it gets this power is through a relay, controlled by the ignition switch???

Please tell me if I'm wrong.. really confused now. the L28ET out of 82 Zx.. going into my 260z.

Do you think I can just use the Accessory relay (from 82 ZX) instead of the "ignition" relay (can't find it..)

Do you see any problems with this setup? Would this BW wire be now considered a "ignition signal (+) wire? For example, the FAQ says plug three's G goes to ignition signal (+).. etc.

thanks for any info.

I honestly don't recall what I did with the BW wire (I don't think I even used it) and my car is in storage so I won't be looking at it for a while. However.. I can tell you that I do remember running a wire directly from the positive terminal of the coil trigger to the IGN terminal of the ignition switch (no relay, just heavy wiring) I also T'd the wire off and ran it thru a fuse to the G wire as well. The G wire is the power source for the air regulator (fast idle system) The regulator should have power whenever the ignition is on. The regulator has two wires and the second wire runs to the ecu so the computer can decide when fast idle is needed. Of course you don't have to worry about the second regulator wire as it is already taken care of inside the injection harness.

This probably also sounds very confusing let me just say that the fast idle and the coil are both controlled by a - signal from the ecu. The air reg plug is contained within the injection harness, it just needs a outside +power source (therefore connect it from the G wire to the IGN terminal of the ignition sw) Just make sure you use a fuse.

The coil is separtate from the injection harness so you have to connect a few extra wires.. After you tap into the ignition switch you can use that same wire to branch out to the + coil trigger. This will power your coil. Then to trigger the coil run the - side to the ecu via the YW wire. Now your engine will have spark. To get the tach to work just hook up the the original 260z negative coil wire (blue I think?) to the - of the turbo COIL (not the coil trigger)