HybridZ

Swap EFI-Turbo Setup for Carby Setup

george.bryant

Not quite sure I understand whether or not you have a turbo or NA engine. If it is turbo, no way you should go 3x. Unless you have a set of 3x Mikunis or Webers with all the required pieces, then consider spending those $$$ on an SDS. The SDS will eliminate all the factory crap that looks like afterthoughts and stopgaps for emissions. While the 3x has the WOW! factor, you would be amazed how the engine bay will look when you elimate all the factory wiring, AFM, and doodads. Shop around for aftermarket fuel rail to replace that "plumbers nightmare". While an SDS initially sounds expensive, the 3x with the proper manifolds and filters is not cheap either. If you have an NA, you really need something better than the factory cam to really take advantage of the 3x. I am willing to bet a finely tuned NA EFI with SDS with a 60mm TB could probably match the 3x w/o cam upgrade in performance and be more reliable in the long run with exceptional mileage. A 3x with cam upgrade can make power but you did say you wanted reliability and to me that also means not having to "tune" every month.

Before I went to an L28et in my Z, I ran an L28 with 3x Mikunis and cam. Looked great, ran great when it was tuned, BUT.....