HybridZ

Need info on 432 emblems.

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

Hey guys, Does ANYONE have a clean, crisp picture of 432 emblems? I'd like one I can print and take to my machinist to see if he can make some. Or if anyone has a set in great condition that they will sell me?

FWIW, I'm NOT trying to "Clone" a 432. My car is heavily modified from stock.

I'm going for more of a resto-mod type build. Exterior looks original 432R, but the car will have an RB26DETT engine and 18" wheels and huge brakes, etc...

Jamie,

The later-production plastic emblems were still available from Nissan in Japan the last time I checked. They are not all that expensive, and it would certainly be cheaper than replicating them.

I have three original metal emblems for my 432R replica project car, and you can see a fairly direct and straight-on photo here:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6751&sort=2&cat=3069&page=6

If you need dimensions etc let me know.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Guest JAMIE T

Alan, I was hoping you'd chime in. I'd seen your pics before, but wanted something to take to my machinist. I remember you locking you album or something so no one could "steal" you pictures or something to that effect.

Who and how should I contact someone about the plastic emblems? I'd rather have metal, but whatever I can get would be fine. At the very least, I can take one to my machinist for him to dupe it. Thanks.

Hi Jamie,

There's no way for me to personally 'lock' my Gallery section on classiczcars.com - features like that are Admin-controlled, and we have had long ( and heated! ) discussions about it.

Suffice to say, if you want to use any of my Gallery images then there is no harm in asking me. I can send a higher-resolution version direct to your e-mail address if you PM it to me.

On the subject of the 432 emblems, I have a couple of the later plastic versions in my parts stash and they have the part number labels still attached to them ( I don't think they are the same as the original pot-metal emblem part numbers from memory ). I'll dig them out and give you the part number, and you should be able to order them from your friendly local Nissan dealer.

The plastic emblems show up on Yahoo Japan auctions every now and then. You'll need to use "432" or "PS30" to search for them.

I could always let you borrow one of the plastic ones to copy. The original metal border finish is not all that shiny and the red and black paint predominates, so you could cast some from model-making material if you used an original to make the mould from, and then just paint them.

I'll go and dig one out of the parts stash later tonight.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Guest JAMIE T

Thanks, I wasn't emplying you locked it intentionally. I just remember a thread about it sometime ago. Someone used one of you fabulous pics without permission and you brought attention to it on the board.

Check on that emblem for me if you don't mind. I may consider taking it on loan for my machinist to duplicate it.

OK Jamie,

I went to my garages this evening and dug out the pair of plastic 432 emblems I have.

Part number is: F3807-E4225 - 'Mark Body Side'.

I see one of the boxes has the Japanese retail price still marked on it. Looks like I paid 4,640 Yen each for these ( more than 10 years ago now ).

I'd be happy to lend one to you if you want to take a shot at replicating it for your car. If you want me to send it to you, drop me a PM with your full postal address.

Cheers,

Alan T.

• 1 month later...
Guest JAMIE T

Just figured I'd update you guys on my emblem search.

7964100_0115.JPG

I found some... LOCAL Turns out a guy who never posts here but appearently lurks often is a collector, fan of all things early Zcar, including he has a RHD early car and another USDM one with the VIN# 40 and whatt is even stranger is my '71 has the VIN# 40000. I don't think I got a "Deal" on them or anything, but I did get'em none the less. New in the box!

Guest JAMIE T

They are the plastic ones. I only have two. So, yeah. None on the back. BTW, you know more about these cars than anyone I've ever talked to. What emblem goes on the 432 rear spoiler? The 432 emblem? Or a Fairlady Z emblem?

What emblem goes on the 432 rear spoiler? The 432 emblem? Or a Fairlady Z emblem?

Both. But do remember that the spoiler was an optional part that was not on every car. In fact, most 432s will have received their spoilers a good while after they were sold.....

Standard ( no spoiler ) rear emblems on the 432 were 'Fairlady Z' ( sloping up at an angle - just like the 'Datsun' rear hatch emblem, and in the same position ) and the '432' emblem underneath it, but level horizontally - not at an angle. There was also a 'Nissan' emblem on the left hand side of the hatch.

When it came to mounting the emblems on the spoilers, the situation was a little more grey. Spoiler fitment was sometimes performed by the selling dealership, and as there were no pre-drilled holes in the spoilers it led to variations in layout. But most often they tried to copy the basic layout of the hatch emblems.

The situation with the 'R' model was slightly different. This was the only model to have the rear spoiler as 'standard' equipment at the launch of the S30-series range, and indeed the 432R spoiler is the part that BRE used on their race cars. The first 432R previewed by the Japanese press in early October 1969 did not have the '432' emblem on the rear spoiler. It had only the 'Fairlady Z' emblem on the right of the spoiler, mounted straight; parallel with the lower edge of the hatch. Copy this car and you don't really need a third '432' emblem for the rear.

Guest KEINoze

OMG, only you would know such details! I've met Pontiac guys who knew details like this but never a 240Z guy. I always enjoy reading the info you provide. Thank you!

The red "432" batch sorta reminds of the "cubic inch" displacement plates found on American muscle cars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Bringing this one back from the dead,

Does anyone have any spare "Fairlady Z" and "432" emblems surplus to requirements, that they would sell me?

Or, know where i can get them? I would like 3 of each.

(i see the "fairlady Z" emblems are availible from Datsunrestore, but thought they seemed very pricey)

I am needing to do my best to replicate a 432R as to try to be eligable for a classic racing class with my DOHC RB engine.

Any help greatly apprecited. I can Paypal.

Thanks Clint T