HybridZ

Don't try this @home! (Pathfinder update)

GrayZee

Well I solved the intake manifold problem on my Vg30et swap. I didn't end up making a custom manifold as finding aluminum tubing in the right diameter was turning out to be a PITA. So I got a intake from a 90's multiport Pathfinder for $100. It actually seems to be a nice little unit, I just have to modify the fuel rail a bit to clear near the manifold. (I should have grabbed the Pathfinder fuel rails too) I was waiting for the Autometer oil pressure gauge I ordered to show up before putting the oil filter and right exhaust manifold on, as it is alot easier to see where to connect the oil line that way. Anyway once the gauge was installed I went to put on a oil filter to discover that there was no way that the filter was going to clear the frame! :mad: Turns out that the aluminum adapter plate that goes into the block to allow for use of oil cooler hoses makes the oil filter sit further away from the block. Not a problem in a z31 chassis but in a Pathfinder it is already a very tight fit. I went back to the auto parts store looking to find a smaller version of the filter but nothing was small enough. Looks like I am forced to buy a oil filter relocation kit. I ordered one, should have it in a couple of weeks. It's gonna look like a mess of spagetti as I'm going to have 4 oil hoses coming from the side of the block! Good for extra oil volume, I hope the pump can handle it!