HybridZ

rear end details.

Guest Hooligan

Guest Hooligan

Hi. I'm new to this board, and to Z cars in general. I am planning on building a 240Z with a chevy 350 with around 350hp. I have been researching and using the search function a whole lot and ive come to the conclusion that an r200 diff with 300zxt half shafts should be strong enough for this. Please let me know if i am wrong and if there is something better. My main question though is this, does anybody have a picture or diagram of a complete 240Z rear end? Like from diff to hubs. It would really help me understand all the components involved ie: axle stubs and such. Thank You in advance.

Guest Hooligan

yea i saw that product and figured out that i would need/want it. im concerned with the stub axle thing i keep reading about. i'm not sure which part of the axle this is, since i am used to FWD CV axles which use spindles and hubs. And i couldn't find any threads using the search that explained this all so clearly. So i am trying to figure out what exactly this is, and how to make it as strong as possible since i am aiming basically for a bullet-proof drivetrain.