HybridZ

It fired right up! V8

Guest kc6wfs

Well after fooling with my wiring today I tried to fire the "z" up. Good 12v to the ballast resistor. No juice to the starter solenoid. I have like 3 black/yellow wires coming off the harness but non that gave 12v when the ign is in the start position. I checked for 12v at the connector when in the start posisition and that was good. So I ran a 2nd wire from the starter switch to the starter sel.

Question.. What did I do wrong to not have 12v at the black/yellow wire when in the start posisition??? Is there a neutral safety somewhere I missed? It was a stick before.

Tomorrow I'm going to hookup the throttle cable and take her around the block.. Open headers.. hehe

The Vortec 5.7L sounds very good. Lots of lump from the cam and.

Running very rich. Need to jet the carb way down!

Tomorrow I'll put a sound byte up on my web page.

Glad she fired up on the 1st try!!! Yippi!!!!

Dave Booth http://www.geocities.com/kc6wfs/240z.html

Guest Anonymous

I hope I have that much luck if it starts at all lol

btw Im getting ready to do my first engine build other then 2 strokes

I hope you have fun "issing people off around where you drive lol I can't wait

Jeff

Guest Dean570z

Dave:

Glad to see another '570z' locally. I use to live in Sylmar, now live in the Antelope Valley (Quartz Hill/Palmdale area). I have a 350/700R4 soon to be 350/Muncie 4 speed in a 280z and have been driving this thing since 94. Use to be a daily driver on Hwy 14, hence the 700R4 for the overdrive. Be glad to answer any questions you may have (if I can), but not too keen on all the electrical stuff carrying electrons that you can only feel.

Dean