HybridZ

Need help identifying this Z31 T3 turbo.. water cooled??

Hey guys.. I recently bought a T3 Garrett turbocharger from a later Z31 turbo...

and after looking at the turbo.. I need some help figuring out which parts are the inlets? and which are the outlets??

I THINK it is water-cooled... but I am not sure.. can you guys help me out?

Is the OIL INLET correct?

Is the OIL OUTLET correct?

Is that center piece the water cooled inlet? or is it not watercooled?

NOTE : This is not an exact picture of the Garrett T3 turbo from the Z31.. however.. is the closest picture I can find

330795_130_full.jpg

yup, that looks right. the coolant jacket isn't directional if i remember correctly so you can put the inlet and outlet where you need to there. the oil inlet has a small round hole i believe so it looks like you have it marked right.

the later Z's actually didn't come with a T3. it was the 84-86 that had the T3. the later got an even smaller turbo, the T25... both are actually quite small for a 3 liter V6 (i believe the T3 had a .4x a/r turbine but i'm not positive) but... in the end they can still be pretty fun. if i remember correctly a stock Z with the T3 turned up to 15 psi put out about 250 whp and over 300 wtq... very nice if you ask me. :D