HybridZ

Yard Bird racing?

john kosmatka

Yard racing is a regular up at Road America, maybe it's the same? I beleive they're in West Allis, but never been there. I worked with them a few years ago at the SVRA event in mid May. Good group of guys.

I beleive the BRE "replica" is the white/blue one owned by Rick Blaha. I would consider rc's240z's car a BRE replica, and Ricks just has the paint job, which does look good. The car was bought by an east coast racer, and has the fuel tank mounted in the passenger area, which makes it pretty much illegal for anything else other than vintage, including the rules which it was supposed to be prepared to (pre 1972 GCR).

Here's a pic of Fred Seitz's Z, who is a Yard customer. I used to autocross with him at Miller Park.

http://www.svra.com/SVRA/PhotoGal.nsf/plinks/EJEN-63BTR3

Yeah the car I looked at was Blaha's. I dont know him but my friend did. I thought it was wierd that it had the fuel cell mounted in the passenger area. The car had very few hours on it too so I knew it didnt have much time on the track. But it is a nice car. The guy that owns the shop my buddy took me too painted Blaha's car and Seitz's. I guess the guy does alot of body work for the road race guys, he just had in an older Alfa that looked killer.

If the Alfa was a bright yellow road racer, that one's Brian Stark's. It is a very good looking car. I think the owner's name at Yard is Dan Schwartz. He seemed to be a good guy. You can call their place up and ask if they need any pit help. He'd probably be happy to have you along. That way you can get into the non-spectator vintage races at RA (SVRA in May, VSCDA in Sept.), and for free.

There is another guy who I only know as Doc. He has a nice Shelby GT350, and is the original owner, but I beleive the car started life as a street car and not an actual R competition model.