HybridZ

Need some help with my T3 .. wastegate flapper on downpipe!?!

Guest kellysguy

Hmmmmmm, most interesting. Mine looks like it is longer but I can't see Nissan making two different pipes for the 300. Give me some casting numbers to compare. I don't know why mine won't fit, hhmmmmm. I don't like the 300 pipe; it's bigger but too restrictive. I don't dig that sharp edge on the short side radius of the outlet. I'd have to run a wedged shaped spacer to get the pipe angle correct......very strange.... very strange indeed!!!! A most unexspected turn of events..... good for you, now go put it on.

My downpipe looks the same as the one pictured in this post. The casting # is 212C 02P. I am using a 4spd out of a 78 280Z and it looks to be a little bulkier that the auto I had in there 8 months ago. The closest point to the downpipe is where the block flares out on the side to bolt up to the trannny. The auto I have has less of a flange so you shoud be ok. You don't need a spacer just bolt it up to the stock ex manifold and torque it down before you put your intake manifold back on. Good luck.