HybridZ

some diff ID help please

Guest Timd

When i bought my 280zx i neglected to ask what diff it had and im uncertain wether it was an auto or manual before the rb20 with 5sp conversion.

I have taken some pics which i hoped someone here may be able to use to identify just what i have under the arse of the zx.

I cant seem to put them in here, so i would really appreciate it if someone could give me their email adress so i can post some pics through.

cheers, tim

Are the pictures of differential with the cover off? If not, there isn't much we can tell you as far as gear ratio goes. For that, the easiest way is to remove the cover and read the numbers on the ring gear. Just divide the first set of numbers by the second set. It will look like this 37:11 That would be a 3.36. Now if you just want to know if the 280ZX has a R180 or a R200, that can be identified by the pictures. Send the pictures to me if you like. Just click my user name on the left and a drop down menu will appear, then click "view public profile", then under "contact information" click "send an e-mail".

!M!

thanks for the reply mate. cant send pictures through that email. Can you post up your email address so i can send it through outlook express?

cheers, Tim