HybridZ

MS Help, something blew up

mario_82_ZXT

I assembled mine without the stimulator, I took it to 1 Fast Z's house and tested it on his.

Everything worked and we even fired up his engine with it.

Today I grabbed my MS box and heard something rattle inside.

Diode D9 blew up.

This is the output section right?

The night before I had plugged it into the harness and had it communicating with Megatune, but I had not grounded the TPS or the IAT sensor.

Could that have done it?

I plan on running MSnS, and I have wired it as per this:

8239mss_schematic.jpg

Taken from Moby's sticky

I need ideas, please help.

Mario

D9 is in the driver circuit for IDL, which will be your spark control if your running MSNS. Did you hook up to a 4 pin HEI module? If so you might have hooked up wrong and that blew it out. Or the transistor in that circuit was installed wrong??? Not sure. When you hook up to a 4 pin HEI module make sure it is grounded correctly.

Repaired the diode, finished the two connections and it hasn't blown yet.

(But it won't start)

I have loaded MSnS-Extra (can't find MSnS) and I set it up. It connects and interfaces with the computer.

Everything is now set up except for the fuel pump. I put it on the wrong cable on the original harness, so the fuel pump relay is not getting power. (Easy fix)

I get everything except the coolant temp sensor (It is dead I found out, if I short it MS displays temp, so it is a bad sensor) in the MegaTune display.

I get vacuum, rpms, pulse width, and spark when cranking. I think I flooded the engine (I get a fuel smell, I think the fuel injectors are firing, I will check tomorrow)

Why won't it start? Because I got rid of all the TB air bypass and wasn't opening the TB (do'h)

Hopefully it will start tomorrow, now that I think I know whats wrong with it :)

Thanks,

Mario