HybridZ

please help big problems!!!

Guest bindiman99

Guest bindiman99

Ok

It started with the fuel pump not working so great (cut out sometimes then I would tap it and it would start right up). I changed it out with a cheap version instead of the oem virsion the auto parts store had. Big problems not enough pressure. So took it back and got the oem. Then it wouldnt run at all.

Needless to say got it running but now my gauges arent working volt, gas, oil, water temp and, headlights arent working (speedometer and tach are ok). When they did previously. I also cleaned the terminals in the hazard switch during the fuel pump switch to get my turn signals working. What could of happened. Did I mess up during the fuel pump install or the hazard switch. Or is it something new. PLEASE HELP ME OUT IM FRUSTRATED!!!!

most of the lights go through the hazard switch (at least on my 78) when it acts up.. I have no lights signals... etc..

Check as many connections and grounds as you can find. Clean them all..even if they look ok. Use some dilectric grease on them as well. Change some of the fuses. Sometimes it is hard to see that a fuse if blown. They sometimes let go in weird locations.

Guest bindiman99

Ok I got everything semi working I guess now my drivers side headlight is very dim on low and high beem but passengerside is fine. And now it idles at 1500 rpm when cold and between 1000 and 1200 rpm when warmed up I put some champion platnum plugs in there that were supposed to be pre gapped. Any answeres. Im new to these cars and dont know much Ive always had old mustangs and compared to what Im used to working on these cars are wired everyway but the right way. I had a 78 280z as my first car and blew it up ten minutes after buying it since I didnt know anything about driving a stick (10 min at 40mph in 1st gear not knowing I had to shift eventually). So I finally replaced it with this one. Please let me know if you know how to fix it or steps to take to fix it. THANX