HybridZ

confused and need help

CableSrv

I have a delima and need help solving it..

I have a 72 240z with l28e engine that has a partially blown hg on the rear water jacket, and the front carb is well... in very bad condition as the needle is set to full lean yet the carb is still rich... this car is my daily driver

I also have a 87 300zxt sitting in my garage for i'd say a few years probably 5? the car was parked in there for that long because my mom who drove it noticed a metal on metal noise and was worried so she stopped driving it. She attempted to lift the engine off it's mounts and pull the oilpan but could not due to the subframe in the way. Later on i'd say 2 years I decided to check it out and took off the turbo only to find out the compressor housing was scarred up due to the wheel touching it. In order to get the turbo out i had to cut the rusted up exhaust pipe off the downpipe. Later I took the seats out of the 300zx to put in my 240z. Then my fanclutch went bad on the 240z and also took the 300zx's fanclutch. The body is in great condition and the car is an automatic with all full power everything. This year is before the lsd r200's so it's just a regular r200. Car had it's fluids drained cept fuel but my mom thinks the tank was almost empty anyway.

now my delima... I seriously need to get the 300zx out of my garage sold or traded or something to help fund my 240z. I want a l28et engine to put in my 240z... however finding one right now is beyond me. I've even asked a few ppl to keep a look out for one but doesn't seem to be doing to much.

I currently have $500 saved up plus the trade or sell of the 87. HELP ME!!

I have 500 bucks burning a hole in my pocket and it looks like I could easily upgrade my brakes to the 4x4 setup.. which my brakes are getting kinda bad, but if I buy the brakes i'm out the cash to possibly buy a turbo car. God i'm so lost.

I'm not the type of guy that finds deals or gets a lucky break on anything! I've always had tough times and always end up getting used. I ask here because I've been registered on this board for awhile... may not have talked much but i've read alot and I know alot of you guys are very friendly and very accepting to other z fans :D as well as super helpfull. This board has done so much for me in knowing my z and meeting kewl ppl but alas I'm lost and need serious help!!

Are you sure that the 87 doesn't have an LSD? Check it out by looking for fins on the diff cover. If you PM me the VIN number, I can let you know for sure by checking in Nissan FAST. If you're looking for opinions - Here's one - Fix the headgasket and the carb(chances are the jet is sticking down IE Choke is stuck on/gummed up), spend to upgrade the brakes on your daily driver. L turbo ain't going to do you much good if you wreck because of bad brakes. If you are going L28ET for sure, save the Computer, AFM, EFI harness, dizzy, and sensors from the Z31. Part the rest out on Z31.com or the like.

Join a Zcar club in Texas - That should help you source some parts without getting screwed. And also meet some people with similar interests that can help you out a bit.

Just my $0.02 from a couple thousand miles away.

Doug

Yes i'm sure it's not a lsd as the rear cover has no fins and does not have the visious lsd sticker printed anywhere on the thing.

choke isn't stuck as if you took the top of the su appart you will notice the nozzle and the choke fitting. and both are even. I've tested to see if it was rich using color tune plus the front 3 plugs always foul up after a certain amount of time because of the richness. I've replaced the needles but not the nozzles yet.

vin in case you still want to look for 87 is

JN1CZ14S2HX150055

I've never tried to part out a car... so I'm not sure where to start.. but i guess the question is should I? the car only needs a new turbo, seats, exhaust, fanclutch and put all back together and be a running car...

I have a deal right now with a friend to get the fuel injection off his 280zx to put on my l28e n42 block and possibly get my head gasket fixed. so that part is covered.

brakes work, they just sqeal alot and i'd personally would like to have a bit more stopping power..