HybridZ

Driveshaft Yoke Fit in to Transmision

orklc

Well here I am 3 days after SEZ 5 back in Orlando and attempting to install the brand new driveshaft with Spicer U-joints in to my son's 240Z. I am having trouble sliding the driveshaft yoke in to the transmision as it only slides about 2.5 inches and stops. The transmision is a NA 5 speed from a 280ZX and I have test fit the driveshaft in to a 4 speed in the garage without any problems. I have inspected the shaft (brand new) and it looks perfect. It does slide without any hesitation in to the transmision until it hits dead stop. As it stands I am unable to get the flange in the back to fit in to the R200 rear end. Is there a bearing in the output shaft or transmision housing that is causing this problem? The hammer by my side is starting to look attractive to solve this issue or at least put an end to it but after spending $$$ for a nice drag race quality driveshaft it is hard to justify.

Any ideas? Is it possible that the speedometer gear at the end of the transmision is in some way interfering with the normal play of the output shaft? Give me your thoughts. I do not recal this ever being discussed in the forum that is why I am posting this thread.

Help.......

KC