HybridZ

Jaguar XJ6 uses Bosch L-Jetronic

TomoHawk

This might be some good news if you are tired of the old brittle Nissan wiring.

The Jaguar XJ6 uses the same Bosch L-Jetronic ECU as the 280Z cars have. I'm still trying to look into this, but there either isn't much information you can get online, or the people you ask just wimp out and say, "I'm not a Nissan expert, so I won't recommend it."

What I wanted to do was to get a cheapo engine wiring harness ( eBay had one for US$ 20) for a 88-94 XJ6 (website I saw had a 4.2L) which includes the connectors for the AFM, thermotime, temp switch & sensor, etc. That price sounds goods enough to absorb if the idea won't work, but if it does.... it means you have a new engine harness wih good clean non-brittle connectors.

Most important to me is the Injector harness. My wires are hard and coiled in funny ways, and I wanted to straighten them to take all the slack out and look better, not to mention the newer connectors.

Any opinions? Right now I could really use a reference to a "friendly" JY that has Jag parts.

thx

Guest 2slo4u

Look in the Haynes manual section at Hi Lo or Autozone. I have a Haynes fuel injection book somewhere and it lists the vehicles with that system as well as some other fuel injection systems. I don't think I would get one out of a Jag though. You could just cut the wires back until you get to soft wire and solder on new leads. I've done it on most of the Zx's I've had. The polarities of the injectors are not important.

All i think I will need is the engine harness, I've been testing the sensors & stuff and they are good or get replaced. The only thing left is the wiring, and I really don't want to fool with any splicing as that kind of thing gives me nightmares. I'd rather wrestle with pulling a whole harness and swapping it into my car than splicing one injector connector. :twisted:

I think I will be OK for a while tho.

thx