HybridZ

got my vent working :)

innerware

so, I have had my car for 3 years or so. It's been my daily driver and I have loved it. Except for a few things. The exhaust smell wasn't my favorite thing in the world. And with the windows up the smell was pretty much gone. But I would cook. My vent wouldn't work. I had air out the defroster which was good on rainy days but that was it. So today I was inspired to clean my car. For giggles I climbed under the driver side of the dash and for the first time noticed a spring dangling without doing anything. I finally figured out where it went and tightened down some screws and low and behold I have a vent that blows a good amount of air. My air conditioner works too. Never knew if it worked since I never had air out the vent. Also, I think I found the hole in the back that was letting in exhaust fumes. I will find out later after the silicone dries. But even if it still stinks I now have air out the dash!!! I am so excited. Not only is it clean now but I have air!!

Anyway, it is the little things that make me happy. There still are things to do on the car, some bushings, minor rust and paint etc, new wheels and toyota brake upgrade, headlight relays etc etc. But at least I have air now.

Just in time for summer.

Good save on the vent. Spotting things like that is non-trivial. After doing a V8 swap, tranny swaps, paint, bodywork, suspension, all the "big" things, I've discovered it's the little stuff (like steering problems, an intermittent short, an impossible-to-find rattle, or a malfunctioning vent) that takes the joy out of the day-to-day driving experience. Well done.