HybridZ

N/A ECU and turbo'd engine.. with stock Dizzy? How to control the advance?

Hey guys..

I will be bolting on my turbo to my N47 head and block in a few weeks... and I am trying to figure out timing...

now I have the vaccum advance dizzy on my 1978 280Z... and I am trying to figure out how to "tune" it.. or make it run right with 10psi....

I've read of people using silicone or JBweld to "seal" up or close off the advance slots to prevent too much advance under boost...

I have a problem picturing this..

How do I seal or close up the advance slots?

Within a month of my conversion I will being MegaSquirt with the help of Moby.. but I would like to see how it runs on N/A electronics first...

Also.. I have read on the forums that the N/A vacuum advance dizzy's are easy to tune.. both mechanically and with a timing light.. so I can choose to advance or retard it by hand basically .. compared to the turbo or ZX dizzy's.. (i know Tony D is going to say there is NO turbo dizzy.. but anyway)

I checked BLUE's tech tips page and read up on adjusting the timing and dizzy.. but i dont understand the advance "slots"