HybridZ

Cat-Back Massage

GreenSamo

Hello, I just had a quick question for you guys. My friend just had to "massage" his cat-back to get it back into his car. He recently put a racing seat in so the floor was a little lower, so the cat didn't fit very well but has to be mounted in stock location for the regulations for his autocross division. He now has an exhaust leak. I was just wondering if that could be the culprit or if it is just the gaskets that are causing it.

--Edit--

Forgot to tell you WHAT he did to it..

If your looking at the cat from the back of the car ( o ) where o = exhaust out.. he did something like this ( o ) <-- pushed this side in...

thanks for the input.

Sadly when I searched google... Thats all I got. Its sad to see how much ppl will pay to get their cat a massage. Man I hate cats..

Also he said that when he beat it up some of the honey comb came out of each end. Which isn't to suprising seeing as he beat it pretty good. I think he is going to try and reposition it. Although he probably should have done that before.

The question still stands for anyone to answer. Would breaking up the insides of a cat a little bit / massaging the sides cause an exhaust leak?