HybridZ

Distributor Wire Colors?

Guest Stingray280zx

Guest Stingray280zx

I have an 83 distributor and i'm installing the MSnS finally after figuring out the board problem (the did not jump the D8 diode.) Anyhow I planned on finishing the wiring, and when I was looking at the wiring colors of the Distributor and comparing them to the diagram, mine dont match up or I am not understanding something on the diagram. Diagram has the wires as B/W, Gy, G?, and Black. Well I have a black, red, green, and white. So i am not exactly sure as to what to do, i'm nervous to start guessing the combinations of the wires I dont understand, because I think i'm lucky enough to burn a crank sensor or something nice like that, if its possible. And i've screwed up enough with the MS to know that i should be patient lol.

This has come up before because the wires leave the distributor then go to a round 4 plug connector. From there they apparently change wire color. Someone will have to verify the colors depending on where in the harness you tap in. I don't remember where in the harness my colors came from since it has been so ong since the install. My car is at home so I couldn't check until tonight.

• 3 weeks later...