HybridZ

Muncie 4spd. in a 280zx

V8280

I have a 1983 Datsun 280zx with a 1960 283ci V8 from a Vette, it has a Muncie 4-spd. I have no shift linkage nor do I have a shifter, I don't know quite what direction to go in to complete this swap. Does anyone have any insite. (the problem is stock vette linkage/shifter doesn't reach to the stock Datsun housing.

P.S. I'm a young guy, have been doin this stuff long, so any advice is new to me!!! Thanx everyone!

I adapted a similar situation to put a Saginaw 4 speed in my 280. The Hurst shifter was offset back about 8" towards the end of the tailshaft housing with a 1/4" steel plate and the 3 linkage rods were extended with barrel nuts and 3 lengths of all-thread. On the Hurst shifter, the linkage rods thread into the 3 arms with a standard 3/8" thread. The other end of the linkage rods has a formed elbo on the trans lever so I had to use them. I sold that trans with the shifter to a neighbor who put it in a Nova, so he didn't need the plate and rods and it was easy to put back in the stock position. I can look and see if I still have them laying around....