HybridZ

Wow

Guest MistaFosta

Guest MistaFosta

Money adds up quickly.

Just got my motor back. The machine shop guesstimated it at 350-400 horsies. yay compression. Now all I need is a rebuild kit w/gaskets, and Im ready for it to go together.

Ive got everything except for exhaust and my carb. But wow. All the money added up quickly.

Cant wait to blow the doors off every honda, and make all the mustangs jealous. But now that Ive added up all my expenses, I think about people that buy a new car that only runs a 14 second quarter mile, and cant corner too well, and spent 20 gs on it. Now the money isnt so much anymore is it? And they cant even pop the hoods and make people do a double take.

Well, its a lot of money, but I think its been well spent so far. Well see when she hits the street.

Good luck to everyone else thats not done yet (like me). Remember how much its costing you, then go look at how much a new camaro or mustang with a supercharger costs.... Now stop that grinning, knowing that you could smoke them without a downshift, and you spent 1/10-1/2 the price they did. And yours looks more original.

------------------

------------------------

V-Tec This!

Mista Fosta

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, its not a cheap undertaking. I originally was looking at just a plain jane goodwrench 350. By the time you add all the ancillery pieces (alternator, starter, intake, carb, headers, fuel pump etc.) the price swells pretty quickly from the 1279.00 the brand new long block cost(using all new and selected aftermarket pieces) and thats just dressing the motor out without getting into everything from the flywheel backwards and the radiator etc.

Of course judicial use of the dismantlers pieces brings the price down, otherwise I probably wouldn't attempt the Ford conversion I'm going with. It ain't cheap, but as you guys point out, one trip to the new car lot makes you appreciate its economy.

Lone