HybridZ

Calling people with Fuel Cell setups

Guest TegRacer324

Guest TegRacer324

Well since the floor is cut out of my car already with the strap mounts gone and my plan to do a swap anyway I figure I mine as well go with a fuel cell instead of trying to mount the old tank.

First I was wondering what would be a good fuel cell to use in the Z or a good fuel cell period. I've seen fuelsafe mentioned a couple times. Also what's better to go with the urethane plastic ones or aluminum?

Second is how have you guys mounted your fuel cell. What's the best way to mount one in the Z? I was thinking of making a floor with a cutout big enough for the tank and then weld a box underneath that and have it sit in there. I'm pretty sure I've seen that here before along with a box frame setup. I just wanted to see what other people have done.

Last I was just wondering if this metal bar running front to back is even stock on the Z. I'm assuming it was put there to try to mount the tank by the previous owner and can be cut out as it's only 7" from the top of the floor and most ones I've seen are 9" or more.

000_0203.JPG

Guest JAMIE T

Check out the Fuel delivery forum. There is a great thread of fuel cells and pics. I've been mulling over my own fuel cell for a couple of days now. Trying to figure out how I want to mount it.