HybridZ

Hesitation At Boost

75280z

OK i am very sorry if this has been covered i have been searching but with Dial-iup it can be frustrating.If it has just tell me and i will keep looking..

I have a 280zx turbo engine stock for with a 60mm tb and a ported intake, half of an exhaust and my wiring is still a little screwed up (but i dont think that is the problem here)

I was having this problem a few weeks ago where my car was cutting out randomly and i disconnected the battery and it seemed to fix it.. She ran great for about a week this is all the things i did when i disconnected the battery.

Replaced Cap and Rotor

Replaced Spark Plugs with new NGK's

I have also cleaned quite a few connections and used di-electric grease and them..

So my problem in case i didnt make it clear is my car is hesitating at about 2800 rpm to 3000 rpm and it doesnt even like to go above those RPM's.. I thought maybe it was a timing problem so i have been adjusting the timing slowly with the Distributor but to no avail.. I went out the other day and adjusted on it for over an hour b;ut could never get boost to run right it would just sputter around and never kick in.. I am going to try to gap the spark plugs a little closer to see if that helps but i am at my wits end.. and like i said it ran great when i put the new spark plugs in it.. should i replace my wires

Guest bastaad525

yep... been said many times, tried many times and has worked many times.

Get a can of brake cleaner spray (a lot of people recommend this over electrical parts cleaner spray, or you can get true contact cleaner from an electrical parts store), disconnect EVERY connection of your EFI wiring harness... ECU, AFM, sensors, injectors. Spray them all off, let them sit and dry. If you actually SEE built up corrosion, get a toothbrush or something and afte letting the spray soak in a bit brush it off, but you shouldn't need to do that unless it's bad.

let it all dry off, plug everything back in and see how it goes.

IF after doing this your car runs great, it would be a very good idea to hit the electrical parts store and get yourself a tube of dielectric (non conductive) grease. You want to put a healthy coating of the stuff on all your connectors... this will help GREATLY to keep your wires from re-coroding over time.... otherwise you may need to repeat the cleaning once every week/month.

OK, i am sorry i doubted every one i always thought people had weird problems when all they had to do was clean connections i did that and she was running sorda, i had to go back and re do some wiring of grounds and stuff and just clean up some previous shall we say, umm, half-assed endevours (spelling?).. I was kicking myself because i am building a car for performance but i didnt do all the wiring nice and neat.. well thanks to every one for telling me to clean connections..

well i did but i didnt use the good ole' toothbrush and i also clean up some wiring and gave the grounds better contact points, and i hadnt cleaned the ECU pins.. but like i said man i love boosting, Now i get to concentrate on getting the IC in there!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Acctually no she isnt but she revs up fine when she does, now she is spuddering and dying on me, but only when i have the lights on.. I think the altenator has something to do with it.. I went to check it and all of my connections were loose like all the screws and bolts (there is only 2) and i am wondering if it could fry an altenator if it isnt connected well enough? well some day she will run..