HybridZ

I hate every other car forum!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

I now know why im here all the time.

its so easy finding info!!!!

Im building a 1982 VW Rabbit, and right now ive been searching and searching on the biggest VW site www.vwvortex.com.

MY LORD! you cant find crap, nobody helps. unless your in magazines or famious it seems your just gonna have to find out the hard way when you buy a part and it doesnt fit!

im looking to put porsche wheels on my rabbit and althought theres alot of threads about porsche wheels, nobody goes into specs and etc to let ppl know what offset/year/model porsche wheels fit with the 20 or 25mm wheel adapters.

so right now i found a killer nice set of Enkei Porsche 944 wheels on ebay for cheap and i wanna get them as theres only 2 hours left. BUT i dont know if there gonna work.

im starting to hate the VW community again.

mike

haha, vortex does blow! What is the offset on the stock rabbit wheels, like 35 or something? What is the offset of the porsche wheels? It shouldnt be too hard to figure out if a 20-25mm adapter is going to stick your new wheels way out of the fenders.

Oh, on vortex are you searching the wheel and tire forum, or the Mk1 forum?

Guest ON3GO

im searching both... with no luck.

the ebay add doesnt say the offset but its a ealy model 944 so its low offset like mid to high 20's.

the porsche wheels most of the guys use are 55 or around there offset.

im guessing 25mm adapters will still be okay but 20mm would be better.

heres a pic of the wheels, they do have a nice lip.

c7_1_b.JPG

mike